Flexible Wood Trim Mouldings

Posted By Volterra Apr 09, 2015

Flexible Wood Trim Mouldings Do you want to use wood trim on the floors and ceilings in the home you are improving or remodeling but can’t figure out the best kind for the project? Here is some insight into common types of flexible wood trim mouldings and their uses. T-Molding: the T-molding is mainly used between wood floors and tiles surfaces. It can all be used to connect existing wood floors. Reducer: mostly used with floor coverings of lower vertical heights, such as concrete or vinyl. Also used on fixed objects around the fireplace. Overlap Reducer: mostly used with floating floors. Also used to transition floating and carpet floors. Bi-Level Reducer: used to convert solid 0.75″ wood floors to lower vertical heights. Also used with carpeting and ceramic tile. Baby Threshold: mostly used at sliding door areas where enlargement is needed. Also used to transition the carpet. End Cap: it has functions similar to a baby threshold. Bull Nose: mostly used with some floating floors on landing areas and steps where expansion is needed. Flush: Used for transition when placing strip or plank on step downs, landings, or stairs. Quarter Round: used against toe kicks, baseboards and other fixed objects. Shoe molding: have similar uses as quarter round, except less pronounced appearance. Baseboard: mostly used where expansion space is needed on a finished wall. Crown Moulding: applied where the wall meets the ceiling. Flexible Moulding: baseboard and crown moulding made of flexile urethane that matches a hardwood profile and is applied on radius corners and curved walls. If you are in construction business and in need of high-quality hardwood moulding and millwork products along with flexible trim, contact Volterra Architectural Products in Phoenix, AZ, for diverse selection direct from the manufacturer.