A fireplace mantel is the finishing touch that really creates a cozy look to any living room. Mantels serve as conversation pieces, providing a place to display images, artwork and more. They also create a clean visual line above a fireplace opening. If you are thinking of having a custom mantel made for your fireplace, there are a few things you need to know about proper mounting.
Farmhouse design has become trendy once again, and more people are trying to bring traditional farmhouse features into their suburban homes. If you’re looking for ways to incorporate farmhouse styling in your home, there are a few key areas where you need to focus your energies.
Natural and Neutral MaterialsA major staple of farmhouse design is the use of natural wood finishes throughout the space. The good news is that you can purchase faux wood beams, fireplace mantles, and trim which looks just like real wood without costing an arm and a leg or requiring any special skills to install. Once you’ve selected the natural wood finishes you want to showcase, the next step is to choose a few neutral colors that accent the wood’s tone for decorating the rest of the room.
Stay FunctionalFarmhouses were all about simplicity and productivity. Thus, when it’s time to select trim and furnishings, make sure you stick to something plain and functional. You don’t want lots of detailed carving or layers on your cabinetry, baseboards or other areas. Clean lines and simple design is what you’re looking for, with lots of open space for easy maneuvering through your home. The best farmhouse designs are accomplished when you ditch the fussy details and go for something straightforward. Volterra Architectural Products is here to help you design your new farmhouse style home with matching trim and accents made from high quality HDF materials. Visit us online today to learn more.]]>
High density polyurethane foam products have grown in popularity in the build and design industry and it really doesn’t come as a surprise. They are steadily replacing the love for natural wood and other interior design materials which dominated the industry for a long time. Thanks to insular qualities in sound and heat, they are sometimes used as ceiling and wall panels, and often used as window and door trim or crown moulding. Here are 4 benefits of using high density foam decorative building products.
1. Elegant lookHDF products always add an unmatched beauty and elegance to any type of décor. They look just as authentic as natural wood and offers ease of maintenance which never goes out of style.
2. Very durableHigh density foam is highly durable and will stand the test of time. They are strong and solid if properly installed and can last for over 20 years. Their solid nature and durability has made them beneficial when used in demanding outdoor environments. Their durability makes them cost-effective because you won’t be repairing and replacing these elements time after time.
3. VersatilityHigh density foam products are easy to work with and offer an unmatched versatility. They can be used in a range of both interior and outdoor areas without looking out of place. They also offer a wide range of looks, designs and even colors. Nothing comes in handier than an architectural product that covers an array of uses.
4. Quality at an affordable priceHDF products are not as expensive as their wood counterparts. This means you will be getting quality products at an affordable price. You will have more options available to you that meet your budget so you can truly customize the look you’re getting. No matter how unique or specific your interior needs are, there are a variety of HDF products available here at Volterra Architectural Products to quench your thirst for elegant design and architectural looks. Visit our website or call us at 602-253-7373.]]>
1. Accentuate windows and doors with trims Beyond landscaping and the roof of your home, the front door and windows are the first things people notice when they approach any house. The last thing you want is for your front door and windows to lack character and give your guests a bad impression about your home. It only takes the addition of high quality trim to your front door and windows from Volterra Architectural Products to give your home charm and personality that will make a lasting first impression to your guests.
2. Add much needed curb appeal to your home using corbels and bracketsAdd some much needed curb appeal to your property by using our lavish and intricately designed decorative exterior brackets and corbels. The corbels can be used just below the roof or around the corners and edges of the house and will add subtle character to the walls.
3. Vents- simple, effective and eye-catchingAs much as vents are a necessity for ventilation, they can also be a good decorative element for the exterior. Peruse through the range of vents we have here in Volterra and choose the type and design of vents which will help eliminate the monotony of plain walls. Volterra Architectural Products offers a variety of products that can give your home an updated look. Help your home stand out from the crowd by contacting us on our website of by calling 602-258-7373.]]>
- Floors– Use your floors for storage! All you need to do is use planks to build a platform over the floor in the room you choose. This idea works really well for an extra room, guest room or craft room. Once the platform is built it will also serve as the floor. But each section has a small indent you pull up to reveal built in storage boxes. Imagine how much new storage you will have, yet it will be completely out of sight and the room remains clutter free and ready for use in its intended purpose.
faux wood mantels above the hearth, the fireplace starts to take shape, creating a more inviting space, with a focal point that draws people in. Wood mantelpieces have been the traditional choice, but they can be expensive, heavy, and difficult to install. Not only that, but real wood can warp, split, snag, and become a cozy home for unwanted, burrowing insects. Newer technology, like faux wood mantels, are a practical and ingenious solution to this decorating problem. Volterra’s faux wood mantels are made of high-density polyurethane foam and shaped and cast from natural wood. They’re molded with the same detail of real wood’s grain and texture so they look just like the real thing. Smooth, sandblasted, rough sawn or hand hewn, our faux wood mantels and beams can be made to simulate a variety of textures and grains. Volterra’s artificial wood products also come in wood stains that imitate natural timber; like dark and light walnut, deep espresso, mahogany, and oak to match any wood or faux wood flooring, mouldings or beams in the room. Faux wood mantels offer other advantages in addition to their light weight, affordability, and easy installation. Faux fireplace mantel shelves have a hollow interior making them a perfect location to surreptitiously run wiring for speakers or a wall mounted television or to hide recessed lighting.]]>
Decorative fireplace mantels get the job done by giving fireplaces the frameworks necessary to emphasize them as cornerstones of the living room. Mantels used to be installed on fireplaces to catch smoke and prevent it from seeping into the rest of the room. Though this has been fixed through other means, the mantel is still the necessary sort of outline that provides the distinction and definition the fireplace needs to stand out from everything else. A fire cannot be a roaring, romantic phenomenon if it appears to just be burning within a hole in the wall. The fireplace is so much more than that. A mantel promotes it to a domain that is host to one of nature’s most remarkable events. While mantels were traditionally built into the structure with the rest of the fireplace, a fireplace without a mantel does not require an extensive makeover. Many mantels made from faux wood can be easily installed onto the fireplace without a lot of hassle. These faux pieces mimic mantels made from authentic wood, mirroring their every mark and crevice so as to provide the illusion of real lumber. This creates the kind of soothing, enchanting atmosphere that raises the significance of the fire burning within its confines. No longer will it appear as if a hole in the wall caught ablaze—this kind of framework gives the fire character and boldness. Volterra Architectural Products manufactures fireplace mantels that embody the same traits of real wood, all the way down to the tiniest of details. Customers can select a mantel of various textures and colors that will best suit their vision of a fireplace they can take pride in. The rosy brown of Mahogany is a romantic shade, while the orange and brown of the Oak color is robust. The Doug Fir is smooth and sleek to the touch, and the Hand Hewn is bumpy and hilly, just as if it were created like real lumber that is created with the hand hewn method. Volterra Architectural Products can help you provide your clients with the exact kind of fireplace mantel they desire.]]>